What is the purpose of a recovery partition?
- to provide a copy of the C: partition and data from the last backup in case of failure
- to provide a backup copy of the BIOS
- to return the system to an earlier state to recover from a failed update
- to restore the computer to the factory state without deleting user files
- to restore the computer to its factory state
The recovery partition is often a hidden partition accessible from BIOS Setup or through the use of a particular keystroke. The recovery partition is used to restore the computer to its factory state. However, all user data and applications installed after the computer was purchased are not restored.