What is a characteristic of the open source license of an application software?
- It requires registration instead of purchasing.
- It cannot be used for campus-wide deployment.
- It allows users to modify and share the source code.
- It does not require purchase in order to use the software.
- It requires acknowledged completion of a professional training course prior to use.
An open source license is a copyright license for software that allows developers to modify and share the source code that runs the software. Open source software could be free to use or require purchase. In either case, users have access to the source code. Open source software could be used as personal software or deployed enterprise wide. User registration is an encouraged optional feature.