What are two reasons for physical layer protocols to use frame encoding techniques? (Choose two.)
- to reduce the number of collisions on the media
- to distinguish data from control information
- to provide better media error correction
- to identify where the frame starts and ends
- to increase the media throughput
An encoding technique converts a stream of data bits in a predefined code that can be recognized by both the transmitter and the receiver. Using predefined patterns helps to differentiate data bits from control bits and provide better media error detection.