CCNA4 Chapter 2 Exam - Online Assessment
0 of 25 questions completed
CCNA4 Chapter 2 Exam – Online Assessment
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. QuestionWhich three are types of LCP frames used with PPP? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
2. QuestionWhich command can be used to view the cable type that is attached to a serial interface?CorrectIncorrect
How does PPP interface with different network layer protocols?CorrectIncorrect
4. QuestionWhich address is used in the Address field of a PPP frame?CorrectIncorrect
5. QuestionWhich field marks the beginning and end of an HDLC frame?CorrectIncorrect
6. QuestionIn which situation would the use of PAP be preferable to the use of CHAP?CorrectIncorrect
7. QuestionWhen configuring Multilink PPP, where is the IP address for the multilink bundle configured?CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. Based on the debug command output that is shown, which statement is true of the operation of PPP.CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring the PPP link between the two routers. However, the PPP link cannot be established. Based on the partial output of the show running-config command, what is the cause of the problem?CorrectIncorrect
10. QuestionWhich is an advantage of using PPP on a serial link instead of HDLC?CorrectIncorrect
11. QuestionWhich protocol will terminate the PPP link after the exchange of data is complete?CorrectIncorrect
12. QuestionWhich serial 0/0/0 interface state will be shown if no serial cable is attached to the router, but everything else has been correctly configured and turned on?CorrectIncorrect
13. QuestionHow much total bandwidth is provided by a T1 line?CorrectIncorrect
14. QuestionA network engineer is monitoring an essential, but poor quality, PPP WAN link that periodically shuts down. An examination of the interface configurations shows that the ppp quality 90 command has been issued. What action could the engineer take to reduce the frequency with which the link shuts down?CorrectIncorrect
15. QuestionA network engineer is troubleshooting the loss of MPEG video viewing quality as MPEG video files cross a PPP WAN link. What could be causing this loss of quality?CorrectIncorrect
16. QuestionWhich PPP option can detect links that are in a looped-back condition?CorrectIncorrect
17. QuestionA network engineer has issued the show interfaces serial 0/0/0 command on a router to examine the open NCPs on a PPP link to another router. The command output displays that the encapsulation is PPP and that the LCP is open. However, the IPV6CP NCP is not shown as open. What does the engineer need to configure to open the IPV6CP NCP on the link?CorrectIncorrect
18. QuestionWhich three physical layer interfaces support PPP? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
19. QuestionWhat are three components of PPP? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. What type of Layer 2 encapsulation will be used for connection D on the basis of this configuration on a newly installed router:
RtrA(config)# interface serial0/0/0
RtrA(config-if)# ip address 22.214.171.124 255.255.255.252
RtrA(config-if)# no shutdownCorrectIncorrect
21. QuestionWhich two statements describe a PPP connection between two Cisco routers? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
Match the PPP options with the correct description. (Not all options are used.)
- Increases the effective throughput on PPP connections by reducing the amount of data in the frame that must travel across the link.
- Provides load balancing over the router interfaces.
- The maximum size of the PPP frame.
- Helps to ensure a reliable, loop-free data link layer.
- The two choices are Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) and chanllenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP).
- Maximum Receive Unit
- Authentication Protocol
Match the phases of establishing a PPP session in the correct order. (Not all options are used.)
- negotiate with the network layer to configure L3 protocol
- verify authentication between NCP and the network layer protocol
- establish the link and negotiate configuration options
- determine the quality of the link
- phase 3
- phase 1
- phase 2
Match the steps to the PPP CHAP authentication process sequence. (Not all options are used.)
- calculate the MD5 hash
- calculate the ID and random number
- send the challenge ID, hash, and username
- use LCP to negotiate the type of authentication
- negotiate the Layer 3 protocol
- calculate the hash based on received information
- compare the received hash with the calculated hash
- Step 3
- Step 2
- Step 4
- Step 1
- Step 5
- Step 6
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Why is the serial link between router R1 and router R2 not operational?CorrectIncorrect