1. QuestionA network administrator enters the command copy running-config startup-config. Which type of memory will the startup configuration be placed into?
2. QuestionWhich packet-forwarding method does a router use to make switching decisions when it is using a forwarding information base and an adjacency table?
Fill in the blank.
When a router receives a packet, it examines the destination address of the packet and looks in the Routing table to determine the best path to use to forward the packet.
4. QuestionWhat are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
5. QuestionIn order for packets to be sent to a remote destination, what three pieces of information must be configured on a host? (Choose three.)
6. QuestionWhich software is used for a network administrator to make the initial router configuration securely?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured R1 as shown. When the administrator checks the status of the serial interface, the interface is shown as being administratively down. What additional command must be entered on the serial interface of R1 to bring the interface up?
8. QuestionWhat is a characteristic of an IPv4 loopback interface on a Cisco IOS router?
9. QuestionWhat two pieces of information are displayed in the output of the show ip interface brief command? (Choose two.)
10. QuestionWhich two items are used by a host device when performing an ANDing operation to determine if a destination address is on the same local network? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. PC A sends a request to Server B. What IPv4 address is used in the destination field in the packet as the packet leaves PC A?
Refer to the exhibit.
What does R1 use as the MAC address of the destination when constructing the frame that will go from R1 to Server B?
Refer to the exhibit. If PC1 is sending a packet to PC2 and routing has been configured between the two routers, what will R1 do with the Ethernet frame header attached by PC1?
Refer to the exhibit. What will the router do with a packet that has a destination IP address of 192.168.12.227?
15. QuestionWhich two statements correctly describe the concepts of administrative distance and metric? (Choose two.)
16. QuestionWhich two parameters are used by EIGRP as metrics to select the best path to reach a network? (Choose two.)
17. QuestionWhat route would have the lowest administrative distance?
18. QuestionWhich two statements correctly describe the concepts of administrative distance and metric? (Choose two.)
Consider the following routing table entry for R1:
D 10.1.1.0/24 [90/2170112] via 184.108.40.206, 00:00:05, Serial0/0/0
What is the significance of the Serial0/0/0?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the show ipv6 route command on R1. What two conclusions can be drawn from the routing table? (Choose two.)
21. QuestionA network administrator configures the interface fa0/0 on the router R1 with the command ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0. However, when the administrator issues the command show ip route, the routing table does not show the directly connected network. What is the possible cause of the problem?
22. QuestionA network administrator configures a router by the command ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 220.127.116.11. What is the purpose of this command?
23. QuestionWhat are two common types of static routes in routing tables? (Choose two)
24. QuestionWhat is the effect of configuring the ipv6 unicast-routing command on a router?
Refer to the exhibit. Match the description with the routing table entries. (Not all options are used.)