CCNA1 Chapter 5 Exam - Online Assessment
0 of 25 questions completed
CCNA1 Chapter 5 Exam – Online Assessment
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. QuestionWhat happens to runt frames received by a Cisco Ethernet switch?CorrectIncorrect
2. QuestionWhat are the two sizes (minimum and maximum) of an Ethernet frame? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
3. QuestionWhat statement describes Ethernet?CorrectIncorrect
4. QuestionWhich two statements describe features or functions of the logical link control sublayer in Ethernet standards? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
5. QuestionWhat statement describes a characteristic of MAC addresses?CorrectIncorrect
6. QuestionWhich statement is true about MAC addresses?CorrectIncorrect
7. QuestionWhich destination address is used in an ARP request frame?CorrectIncorrect
8. QuestionWhat addressing information is recorded by a switch to build its MAC address table?CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. The exhibit shows a small switched network and the contents of the MAC address table of the switch. PC1 has sent a frame addressed to PC3. What will the switch do with the frame?CorrectIncorrect
10. QuestionWhich switching method uses the CRC value in a frame?CorrectIncorrect
11. QuestionWhat is auto-MDIX?CorrectIncorrect
True or False?
When a device is sending data to another device on a remote network, the Ethernet frame is sent to the MAC address of the default gateway.CorrectIncorrect
13. QuestionThe ARP table in a switch maps which two types of address together?CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. PC1 issues an ARP request because it needs to send a packet to PC2. In this scenario, what will happen next?CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. A switch with a default configuration connects four hosts. The ARP table for host A is shown. What happens when host A wants to send an IP packet to host D?CorrectIncorrect
Refer to the exhibit. The switches are in their default configuration. Host A needs to communicate with host D, but host A does not have the MAC address for its default gateway. Which network hosts will receive the ARP request sent by host A?CorrectIncorrect
17. QuestionWhich statement describes the treatment of ARP requests on the local link?CorrectIncorrect
18. QuestionWhat are two potential network problems that can result from ARP operation? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
Fill in the blank.
A collision fragment, also known as a ………………….. frame, is a frame of fewer than 64 bytes in length.CorrectIncorrect
Fill in the blank.
On a Cisco switch, ……………………….. memory buffering is used to buffer frames in queues linked to specific incoming and outgoing ports.CorrectIncorrect
Fill in the blank.
ARP ………………….. is a technique that is used to send fake ARP messages to other hosts in the LAN. The aim is to associate IP addresses to the wrong MAC addresses.CorrectIncorrect
Match the characteristic to the forwarding method. (Not all options are used.)
- low latency
- may forward runt frames
- begins forwarding when the destination address is received
- always stores the entire frame
- checks the CRC before forwarding
- checks the frame length before forwarding
- does not forward broadcasts
23. QuestionWhat is the minimum Ethernet frame size that will not be discarded by the receiver as a runt frame?CorrectIncorrect
24. QuestionWhat is a characteristic of port-based memory buffering?CorrectIncorrect
25. QuestionWhat is the aim of an ARP spoofing attack?CorrectIncorrect