CCENT (ICND1) Certification Exam
- A network technician is configuring port security on a LAN switch interface. The security policy requires host MAC addresses to be learned dynamically, stored in the address table, and saved to the switch running configuration. Which command does the technician need to add to the following configuration to implement this policy? Switch(config)# interface fa0/1
Switch(config-if)# switchport mode access
Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security
- Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security maximum 40
- Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address
- Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address sticky
- Switch(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address 000B.FCFF.E880
- On which switch interface would an administrator configure an IP address so that the switch can be managed remotely?
- VLAN 1
- vty 0
- console 0
- Refer to the exhibit. Match the packets with their destination IP address to the exiting interface on the router. (Not all targets are used.)
- Refer to the exhibit. A ping to PC3 is issued from PC0, PC1, and PC2 in this exact order. Which MAC addresses will be contained in the S1 MAC address table that is associated with the Fa0/1 port?
- just PC0 and PC1 MAC addresses
- just the PC0 MAC address
- PC0, PC1, and PC2 MAC addresses
- just the PC1 MAC address
- just the PC2 MAC address
- Which feature on a Cisco router permits the forwarding of traffic for which there is no specific route?
- gateway of last resort
- route source
- outgoing interface
- Fill in the blank.
When port security is enabled, a switch port uses the default violation mode of shutdown until specifically configured to use a different violation mode.
- Refer to the exhibit. Inter-VLAN communication between VLAN 10, VLAN 20, and VLAN 30 is not successful. What is the problem?
- The access interfaces do not have IP addresses and each should be configured with an IP address.
- The switch interface FastEthernet0/1 is configured as an access interface and should be configured as a trunk interface.
- The switch interface FastEthernet0/1 is configured to not negotiate and should be configured to negotiate.
- The switch interfaces FastEthernet0/2, FastEthernet0/3, and FastEthernet0/4 are configured to not negotiate and should be configured to negotiate.
- Which two issues might cause excessive runt and giant frames in an Ethernet network? (Choose two.)
- native VLAN mismatch
- damaged cable connector
- a malfunctioning NIC
- excessive collisions
- using the incorrect cable type
- incorrectly configured auto-MDIX feature
- How will a router handle static routing differently if Cisco Express Forwarding is disabled?
- It will not perform recursive lookups.
- Serial point-to-point interfaces will require fully specified static routes to avoid routing inconsistencies.
- Ethernet multiaccess interfaces will require fully specified static routes to avoid routing inconsistencies.
- Static routes that use an exit interface will be unnecessary.
- Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is reviewing port and VLAN assignments on switch S2 and notices that interfaces Gi0/1 and Gi0/2 are not included in the output. Why would the interfaces be missing from the output?
- There is a native VLAN mismatch between the switches.
- There is no media connected to the interfaces.
- They are administratively shut down.
- They are configured as trunk interfaces.
- Which address type is not supported in IPv6?
- What is the purpose of setting the native VLAN separate from data VLANs?
- The native VLAN is for carrying VLAN management traffic only.
- The security of management frames that are carried in the native VLAN can be enhanced.
- A separate VLAN should be used to carry uncommon untagged frames to avoid bandwidth contention on data VLANs.
- The native VLAN is for routers and switches to exchange their management information, so it should be different from data VLANs.
- Which two devices allow hosts on different VLANs to communicate with each other? (Choose two.)
- Layer 2 switch
- Layer 3 switch
14. QuestionHow many /30 subnets can be created from one /27 subnet?
15. QuestionA network administrator is using the router-on-a-stick model to configure a switch and a router for inter-VLAN routing. What configuration should be made on the switch port that connects to the router?
A network administrator is designing an IPv4 addressing scheme and requires these subnets.
1 subnet of 100 hosts
2 subnets of 80 hosts
2 subnets of 30 hosts
4 subnets of 20 hosts
Which combination of subnets and masks will provide the best addressing plan for these requirements?
17. QuestionA network administrator has been allocated the IPv4 10.10.240.0/20 block of addresses for a LAN. Two devices on two different, but contiguous, subnets on the LAN have been assigned the addresses 10.10.247.1/21 and 10.10.248.10/24, respectively. The administrator has to create a third subnet from the remaining address range. To optimize the use of this address space, the new subnet will follow on directly from the existing subnets. What is the first available host address in the next available subnet?
18. QuestionWhen creating an IPv6 static route, when must a next-hop IPv6 address and an exit interface both be specified?
19. QuestionWhich statement describes the Cisco License Manager?
20. QuestionAfter a license has been purchased and installed, what is the next step that is required before it is activated?
21. QuestionAn administrator wants to replace the configuration file on a Cisco router by loading a new configuration file from a TFTP server. What two things does the administrator need to know before performing this task? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. A switch with a default configuration connects four hosts. The ARP table for host A is shown. What happens when host A wants to send an IP packet to host D?
Refer to the exhibit. Host A sends a data packet to host B. What will be the addressing information of the data packet when it reaches host B?
24. QuestionA user sends an HTTP request to a web server on a remote network. During encapsulation for this request, what information is added to the address field of a frame to indicate the destination?
25. QuestionAn administrator who is troubleshooting connectivity issues on a switch notices that a switch port configured for port security is in the err-disabled state. After verifying the cause of the violation, how should the administrator re-enable the port without disrupting network operation?
Refer to the exhibit. A network technician issues the command show vlan to verify the VLAN configuration. Based on the output, which port should be assigned with native VLAN?
27. QuestionData is being sent from a source PC to a destination server. Which three statements correctly describe the function of TCP or UDP in this situation? (Choose three.)
28. QuestionWhich three statements characterize UDP? (Choose three.)
29. QuestionWhat are two reasons why an administrator might choose to use static routing rather than dynamic routing? (Choose two.)
30. QuestionA network engineer is troubleshooting connectivity issues among interconnected Cisco routers and switches. Which command should the engineer use to find the IP address information, host name, and IOS version of neighboring network devices?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the show lldp neighbors command to display information about neighboring devices. What can be determined based on the information?
32. QuestionWhat are three characteristics of the CSMA/CD process? (Choose three.)
Refer to the exhibit. Which three events will occur as a result of the configuration shown on R1? (Choose three.)
34. QuestionWhat type of installation is needed to view syslog messages?
35. QuestionWhich two things should a network administrator modify on a router to perform password recovery? (Choose two.)
36. QuestionWhat effect does the default-information originate command have on a Cisco router that is configured for RIP?
37. QuestionWhat information can be verified through the show ip dhcp binding command?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has added a new subnet to the network and needs hosts on that subnet to receive IPv4 addresses from the DHCPv4 server.
What two commands will allow hosts on the new subnet to receive addresses from the DHCP4 server? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to add an ACE to the TRAFFIC-CONTROL ACL that will deny IP traffic from the subnet 172.23.16.0/20. Which ACE will meet this requirement?
40. QuestionWhich ACE would permit traffic from hosts only on the 192.168.8.0/22 subnet?
Refer to the exhibit. Static NAT is being configured to allow PC 1 access to the web server on the internal network. What two addresses are needed in place of A and B to complete the static NAT configuration? (Choose two.)
42. QuestionWhat is defined by the ip nat pool command when configuring dynamic NAT?
Refer to the exhibit. When a packet arrives on interface Serial0/0/0 on R1, with a destination IP address of PC1, which two events occur? (Choose two)
Refer to the exhibit. What would happen after the IT administrator enters the new static route?
Refer to the exhibit. Which static route would an IT technician enter to create a backup route to the 172.16.1.0 network that is only used if the primary RIP learned route fails?
Refer to the exhibit. How was the host route 2001:DB8:CAFE:4::1/128 installed in the routing table?
Refer to the exhibit. What will router R1 do with a packet that has a destination IPv6 address of 2001:db8:cafe:5::1?
48. QuestionWhat is the purpose of the overload keyword in the ip nat inside source list 1 pool NAT_POOL overloadcommand?
Refer to the exhibit. Which source address is being used by router R1 for packets being forwarded to the Internet?
50. QuestionWhich three layers of the OSI model map to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
51. QuestionWhich address prefix range is reserved for IPv4 multicast?
52. QuestionWhich IPv6 prefix is reserved for communication between devices on the same link?
53. QuestionWhich type of IPv6 address refers to any unicast address that is assigned to multiple hosts?
Refer to the exhibit. Packets destined to which two networks will require the router to perform a recursive lookup? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are connected via a serial link. One router is configured as the NTP master, and the other is an NTP client. Which two pieces of information can be obtained from the partial output of the show ntp associations detail command on R2? (Choose two.)